What’s a cookie?
•A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive if you agree to this and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
•Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
We are required to obtain your consent for all non-essential cookies used on our website. You can block cookies (including essential cookies) at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block essential cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
•Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
•Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
– Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
– First and third-party cookies: First-party cookies are cookies set by our website. Third-party cookies are cookies on our website that are set by a website other than our website, such as where we have adverts on our website or use Facebook pixels so that we can show you relevant content from us when you are on Facebook.
We use third-party cookies on our website and these are set out in the table below.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|CookieConsent||1 year||Necessary||Stores the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain||cookiebot.com|
|hu-session||Session||Necessary||Determines whether the user has accepted the cookie consent box.||cdn.hu-manity.co|
|JOTFORM_SESSION||29 days||Necessary||Preserves users states across page requests.||jotform.com|
|theme||29 days||Necessary||Determines the device used to access the website. This allows the website to be formatted accordingly.||jotform.com|
|m||2 years||Necessary||Determines the device used to access the website. This allows the website to be formatted accordingly.||m.stripe.com|
|ak_bmsc||1 day||Necessary||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.||mc.us16.list-manage.com|
|bm_sv||1 day||Necessary||Used in context with the website’s BotManager. The BotManager detects, categorizes and compiles reports on potential bots trying to access the website.||mc.us16.list-manage.com|
|__cf_bm||1 day||Necessary||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.||vimeo.com|
|wpcom_highlander_3pc_check||Session||Necessary||This cookie determines whether the browser accepts cookies.||wordpress.com|
|_ga||2 years||Statistics||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||www.googletagmanager.com|
|_ga_#||2 years||Statistics||Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit.||www.googletagmanager.com|
|_gat||1 day||Statistics||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||www.google-analytics.com|
|_gid||1 day||Statistics||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||www.google-analytics.com|
|guest||29 days||Statistics||Registers data on visitors’ website-behaviour. This is used for internal analysis and website optimization.||jotform.com|
|IDE||1 year||Marketing||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||doubleclick.net|
|userReferer||29 days||Marketing||Determines how the user accessed the website. This information is used by the website operator in order to measure the efficiency of their marketing.||jotform.com|
You can alter your cookie preferences at any time by clicking ‘customise’ on the privacy banner on my website. Please refresh your page to ensure that the new settings have taken effect.
You can also control your cookie settings through your web browser.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you have any questions about the cookies that we use, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org